Technical Requirements and Installation Instructions for eFax Messenger
Minimum System Requirements:
OS: Windows XP / 2000
File Size: 3 MB download
Note: Most home PCs are set up to allow you to install software (users have administrative rights). However, some business PCs are set up so that users cannot install software without permission from their company (users do not have administrative rights). If you are a business user, contact your system administrator or IT department if you do not have permission to install Messenger.
Download and Installation Instructions
Click the download link and do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.
- If you saved the installation program to disk, double-click on the .exe file you downloaded to begin the installation.
- Click Next to begin installing Messenger. To do an automatic installation, click on the Install button.
- Click on the Advanced Setup button if you would like to choose a different language preference and install location.
- Click Finish.
Once the install is complete, you will be asked to submit your eFax number and PIN in order to use all the Messenger features.
Other Technical Notes
If you do not want Messenger to start up every time your computer starts up, go to the Start menu > Programs > Startup menu. Right click on the eFax Tray Icon and click delete.
Note: Do not remove the eFax DllCmd 4.0. If this file is removed from your startup menu, you will not be able to fax documents from other Applications.File Associations
The only file types that will automatically open in Messenger are j2's very own .EFX and .JFX file formats. If you would like any other file types to automatically open in Messenger, such as TIF or JPEG, you must change your File Associations through Windows. See Microsoft Windows help section for more information.
* Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.