How to Overcome Healthcare Security and Compliance Challenges in Moving to the Cloud
Thank you for your Whitepaper request!
The healthcare industry is well into the digital age, spurred on by the passing of the HITECH Act a decade ago. Yet, when comes to the role of cloud in this transformation, healthcare has historically moved cautiously. Understanding how other verticals have benefitted greatly in migrating to the cloud, the industry is now moving clinical data and applications to the cloud at a rapid pace.
For providers, the cloud also offers opportunities to not just lower costs, but also to improve services and capabilities for patients, clinical and non-clinical staff, and supply chain partners. Yet concerns over security and compliance loom in the face of ever-increasing cybersecurity threats. Providers are looking to the cloud’s agility to ensure security of ePHI and to closely monitor and track compliance.
Still, it is not a matter of if you will migrate to the cloud, but when.
National expert Matt Ferrari, the Co-Founder and CTO of ClearDATA, addresses key issues in moving to the cloud, offering his insight and advice to help IT leaders and departments make the move:
– Assessing your team’s cloud security knowledge
– Understanding data flow and the need for PHI inventories
– Why you always need to be thinking about scale
– The advantages to using automation and the impact if you don’t
– Is encryption really the ‘gold standard’ for protection of ePHI?
– The impact of Shadow IT on your organization
– The critical role of the SRA in finding security gaps
– Not all clouds are created equal — the need for vendor due diligence
– How cloud fax combines cost-efficiency with improved security and compliance